So I really don't like most motivational quotes. Here's a sampling of some of my least favorites:
- There's a better tomorrow.
- Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss you'll land on the stars.
- Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- Keep calm and (insert phrase here).
- And my favorite: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky/Michael Scott
These all sound great, but none of them really mean anything.
Often times we get so focused on trying to find motivation for doing "stuff" in our life, and lose track of the execution of our ideas. We can look at motivational posters with pictures of world leaders, great thinkers, and beautiful sunsets all we want, but there are two things that are better than all of those posters: clarity and conviction.